Knog Scout bicycle alarm system with locating function
The future of bicycle security in terms of theft protection is here and is called "Scout". The Australian manufacturer Knog has created a small device, which uses an inconspicuous bicycle alarm system with a
app-controlled location function.
Once the device is armed, every movement of a Scout-equipped bike triggers an 85dB alarm sound. In parallel, the owner of the bike receives a notification that is automatically sent to the iPhone if it is within Bluetooth™ range.
If a bike equipped with Scout is no longer where the owner left it, it can quickly be located over Apple's network via the "Find My?" app. You can mount Scout on the frame of your bike in two ways. Either offensively visible as a deterrent with a neon-yellow cover on the bottle cage eyelets or hidden under the drinking bottle cage with the supplied, tamper-proof screws.
If you want to be sure that you have done everything you can to secure your bike, Scout is an indispensable measure.
- Bicycle alarm system with additional localization function
- Motion-sensitive 85dB audio alarm for immediate deterrence
- Localization via Apple's "Find my?" app via Bluetooth™
- Operation with Knog's free iOS app
- Compatible with Apple iOS devices (Android planned)
- Can be mounted on standard bottle cage eyelets or under bottle holder
- Fastening with supplied safety screws
- Activation directly on the device or the app with Bluetooth range
- Multifunctional LEDs indicate alarm status, pairing & battery charge
- Rechargeable via USB-C with 6 months battery life (cable not included)
- Waterproof to IP66 (wash-proof)
- Weighs only 25 grams