LightGuard connect - Bicycle rear light with eCall
Since last year, the automatic emergency call system eCall ("Emergency Call") has been a mandatory EU requirement in all new car models. In the event of an accident, the system automatically makes an emergency call in order to be able to initiate rescue measures more quickly. Now there is such an emergency system for the first time for the bicycle in connection with a smartphone app.
Litecco's LightGuard connect detects a fall with the bike thanks to the integrated sensors. If the bike stays for more than 10 seconds after the accident, the taillight sends a signal via Bluetooth to the free mobile phone app "WayGuard" on the smartphone.
Now the actual emergency call process begins via a 60-second countdown that can still be canceled via WayGuard. If something has actually happened to you, an emergency call will be made to the WayGuard control center (staffed around the clock). This will try to reach you by phone to clarify what help you need. If this Contact fails, the control center will alert the nearest rescue service and tell your exact GPS location. This is especially important if you are on a mountain bike trail far away from the road and no one else would find you so quickly.
In addition to the free WayGuard APP (iOS and Android), you can also activate a accident insurance (AXA compact basic protection) for 1 year via these at no additional cost. This is absolutely voluntary and not a subscription trap or anything like that. The accident insurance ends automatically after one year you should activate it.
In addition to automatic fall detection and the subsequent emergency call process, the LightGuard connect is not only a simple battery-powered rear light, it also has an brake light function integrated as an extra. This is sensor-controlled and makes the light light up 5 times brighter after abrupt speed delay ("brake"). This way, other road users driving behind you are immediately warned if you need to brake.
The rear light can be recharged via a USB port. Either via a standard USB power supply or via laptop or PC. The built-in lithium polymer battery guarantees reliability and a long service life. The light is very light at 44 g and has small dimensions of just 5.8 x 3.9 x 1.8 cm.
Via two supplied brackets in different diameters, the installation is possible not only on the seat post but also on the seat strut. At the back, directly on the light, there is also a clip with which the LightGuard connect can also be attached to bags and backpacks.
The LightGuard connect offers a good protection package for safe cycling with the brake light function in combination with the DEKRA-certified crash detection and subsequent emergency call process as well as the optional accident insurance.
- Smart LED rear light with certified fall detection and emergency call process
- First e-Call system for cycling in conjunction with a free app
- Incl. additional brake light function with 5x brighter illumination
- Rechargeable via integrated USB port
- Up to 2000m visibility at brake light
- Up to 400m visibility in normal rear light
- Up to 12 hours of runtime per battery charge
- With StVZO approval - Suitable for all kind of bikes
- With 220 degree visibility and charging control lamp
- For attachment to the seatpost or seat strut
- Via clip attachment also possible on bags and clothing
- Only 44 g weight and small dimensions of 5.8 x 3.9 x 1.8 cm
- Includes two mounts, USB cable and German- Manual
|EAN / GTIN:||4260439090102|
|Manufacturer Product No. (MPN):||41.300.06|
|Dimensions:||XX x XX x XXmm|
|Run Time:||Up to 12 hours|
|Charge Time:||approx. xx hours|
|Battery:||Rechargeable lithium polymer battery|
Scope of delivery
- 1x Rear Light with eCall "LightGuard connect"
- 1x USB-cable
- 1x Bracket for seat post
- 1x Bracket for seat strut
- German Manual